“Like so many half-elves, Vex'ahlia has spent most of her life suffering the cool reception of a people who don't fully accept her.
Born of a human mother and an elven father—who only later in life took an interest in their existence—, Vex'ahlia and her twin brother Vax'ildan quickly realized the only people they could truly rely on in this world were each other.
It was at the age of ten when the two were taken from their mother, and brought to live in Syngorn, the isolated elven city for which their father was an ambassador. He quietly took them in, but always kept an icy distance, and after too many years of disdainful looks, the pair decided to leave his indifference behind, and set out on their own.
Vax took to the cities, stealing small trinkets and learning the ways of the thief, while Vex kept to the woods. She preferred the isolation. Always the keen observer, she learned to hunt and to track, to spy and to shoot. And through a series of fateful events, earned herself a companion in the form of a bear—her own stolen Trinket—to fight alongside her and protect her fiercely. Also, he is adorable—and gives expert massages.”
In addition to her role as archer and tracker, Vex acts as Vox Machina’s treasurer, keeping an eagle eye and tight grip on the purse strings, and often negotiating for better deals when shopping.
Vex is as lean and supple as her bow, with long, dark hair normally worn in a braid over one shoulder and decorated with two blue feathers. She also has pointed ears, although not as long as a full-blooded elf’s would be. She’s marked with the Slayer’s Take brand on her outer right shoulder and many scars from years of battle injuries.
Note: When asked what his twin sister looked like, Vax pointed to his own face. He is slightly taller. She is slightly prettier. She has tits. He has dangly bits. If you've met one, and then see the other, there's no doubt they are related. If you know they have a twin, well, congrats, now you've met the twin.
Powers & Special Abilities
Vex is a ranger and rogue, skilled at living in, traveling through, and surviving in natural areas of the world, especially forest, mountains, and the underdark. She is an exceptionally skilled archer, and her hard-won bow Fenthras has several magical effects which make it even more powerful. Keen-eyed Vex misses very little about her surroundings, noticing things others would miss, and at the same time, she is stealthy enough to avoid being seen when she wishes.
While she is not what most people would consider a caster, she does have some nature-based spells she can call on when she needs them - most often spells to help her focus on a particular target, to help Vox Machina keep from being noticed when trying to be stealthy, or to heal members of Vox Machina to keep them from dying until someone with more powerful healing is able to help (which happens way more often than Vex would like).
|HP 117||STR 7||INT 14|
|AC 19||DEX 20||WIS 16|
|DC 16||CON 10||CHA 17|
- Greed - what comes across as an obsession with wealth is actually far more complicated, but that doesn’t mean Vex won’t occasionally go too far in the search of treasure or a better bargain. It’s gotten her killed once already, and turned more than one shopkeeper/clerk against her. The currency-less life of the inn will blow her mind.
- Stepford Smiler - Vex hides her hurts and deeply ingrained insecurities behind smiles and flirtations until she can almost convince even herself she’s fine. Unfortunately that means she rarely lets people close enough to see the cracks or to help and support her when she needs it. She’s taken a bunch of hits recently - it wouldn’t take much for her to shatter completely.
- Self-doubt - Her childhood in Syngorn left Vex feeling looked down on and less than, so she obsessively needs to prove herself better than others so they don’t learn what she feels deep down is the truth – that she isn’t any better than the elves used to say she was. Similarly, she still carries the guilt of the first time she killed, even though that killing most likely saved both her and cub Trinket.
- Half-Identical Twin - Vex and Vax’s relationship is too codependent to be completely healthy. Losing one would break the other, possibly in ways that couldn’t be fixed. Threats to Vax will push Vex’s berserker button. And the twins will go to any lengths, even making deals with a goddess, if it means bringing the other back from death. “Wherever you go, I go.”
Trinket is smarter than the average bear. No, really. Standard brown bears have INT 2. He would do anything for Vex. He will be arriving at the Inn with her, thanks to being in the pocket dimension of her Raven's Slumber necklace at the time. He will remain in Raven's Slumber when in public areas of the inn, but may be seen in private rooms or outside away from the immediate vicinity of the buildings.
|HP 60||STR 19||INT 4|
|AC 20||DEX 10||WIS 13|
|DC -||CON 16||CHA 7|
At Madonna Inn
On March 1, 2018, while exploring the space station Otherworld Asphodel, Vex and Percy spontaneously eloped WITHOUT Vax there to support them. This was both a wonderful (married!) and horrible (no twinnie!) decision. Vax later got his revenge by throwing the happy couple a surprise wedding reception (after making sure Percy had the hangover to end all hangovers from the night before).
On March 1, 2019, the de Rolo family increased once again, with the birth of Vex and Percy's first daughter, Elaina. Vex is not sure how she will top that anniversary present, but she has a year to figure that out.
- Vax: Twinnies Forever
- Percy: Darling Husband
- Kash: Cleric of Manpain
- Pike: Monstah Cleric
- Lillith: Dear
- Zahra: Bestie
- Scanlan: Recently Forgiven Bard
Also Threaded With
Dorothy Williams, Carlos Ramirez, Alcuin no Delaunay, Kitty Pryde, Dorian Pavus, Waldo Butters, Bo Dennis, Homer Jackson, Regina Mills, Molly Carpenter, Gartrett Corbie, Jag, Illyana Rasputin, Xavin, Caroline Forbes, Alec McDowell, Rocket, Thor Odinson, Sunny Nwazue, Jack O'Neill, Loki