Please copy and paste this application into an email. After your first character, use the "Subsequent Characters" form of "Basic Information". When you've completed it, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Characters debut on the 1st and the 15th of each month. To best ensure that your character debuts on the closest check-in day, please submit your application at least three days before so there is time to process your application and make arrangements for first threads. Thank you!
What you like to be called:
Your email address:
Your preferred wiki username:
How did you hear about Strange Trip?
Character Journal: st_[clever name].dreamwidth.org - journals for this game must begin with an ST.
Canon departure point:
Background: [A link to a canon history is sufficient]
Transfer: If yes, what game? Link to game journal and describe any significant changes from canon.
Proposed/Actual PB (played by/face claim/avatar):
Physical Appearance: Focus on significant departures from the PB like wings, scars, skin tone.
Powers and Special Abilities: Just the bullet points; we'll ask if we have issues.
1. Three rooms from the Madonna Inn that you would want to live in.
- Please consult Inn and Room Assignments.
- If the room has more beds than the character needs, please indicate whether or not you are willing to accept a player-character roommate in future with ‘yes roommate’ or ‘no roommate’. There’s no guarantee that you will get a roommate if you’re open to one, but if you don’t want one you definitely won’t get one.
- If you’re selecting a room option that would make your new character the roommate of a current character, please reach out (or request that the mods reach out) to make sure that your specific character is an acceptable roommate. We don’t want anyone to end up in an un-fun/unpleasant situation
2. Three items that are important to the character and why. Link to pics if you want to.
3. Please provide a sample of writing if you're new to the game (you do not need to provide one if you're currently in the game)
I'm approved. What's next?
You'll receive an email with step-by-step instructions, but here it is again:
- Accept the invitation to or join the STRPG Google Group. This shouldn't be a high-traffic group, but it will be essential for communicating events, hiatuses, etc.
- If you like, accept the invitation to the group Slack. It's not mandatory, but we do a lot of bonding here.
- Sign in to the wiki with the password sent to you and change your password.
- Make a wikipage for yourself or update your old wikipage to include the new character. These can be as simple as you want them to be. Name, contact info, characters. Feel free to borrow and adapt the code from someone else or do them as plain text.
- Make an st_ character journal on Dreamwidth and then apply to join the [strangetrip.dreamwidth.org strangetrip] community and the [strangetrip_ooc.dreamwidth.org strangetrip ooc] community with that journal.
- Make a wikipage for your new character. Here again, these can be simple. A link to character history posted elsewhere, a brief personality statement, powers and abilities, and an infobox + picture is plenty. Do more only if you want to.
- Introduce your new character on the email list and if you're still having trouble coming up with an st_ journal name, ask people to help!
- Glance over the Orientation Seminar.
- Debut your character on their agreed upon arrival day.
- Enjoy the game.
I got rejected. Now what?
A rejection from Strange Trip isn't the end of the world. If you didn't get accepted, we'll always give you some sense of why and what you need to do to cure it. We probably won't reject very many applications. If we do, it will probably be for one of these reasons:
- The character doesn't fit within the application guidelines (duplicate, on reserve for someone else).
- The application is vague, incomplete, or lacking in depth.
You'll be welcome to resubmit the application whenever you've revised it.